Krishna Poonia is an Indian discus thrower who is also an international gold medalist, three-time Olympics participant, track athlete, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri award winner,
Krishna Poonia Biography/Wiki
|Age||43 As on July 2020|
|Place of Birth||Haryana (Agroha village) Hisar district|
|Home Town||Haryana (Agroha village) Hisar district|
|Profession||Athlete turned Politician|
|College||Kanodia Girls College, Jaipur|
|Educational Qualification||Baclelor’s in Sociology|
- Hima Das Biography (Athlete)
- Nikhat Zareen Bio (Boxer)
- Vijender Biography (boxer)
- Sachin Tendulkar Bio (Cricketer)
- Sanya Nehwal Biography (Badminton)
- Geeta Phogat Biography (Wrestler)
|Wife/Husband||Virender Singh Poonia|
|Phone Number||Not known|
Apart from being an athlete, she is also a politician. She is an MLA from Sadulpur constituency in Rajasthan from Congress party. She has participated in three Olympics ie in 2004, 2008, and 2012.
Poonia was born on 5 May 1977 in Haryana (Agroha village) Hisar district. Her mother died when she was just 9 years. Later, she was raised by her father and grand other. Since the age of 15 years, she used to work in her family land because of which her physical fitness improved. She did not undergo any rigorous sports training.
A former athlete, Virender Singh Poonia has married her and trained her. The couple is blessed with a son in 2001.
They both were employed in Indian Railways. In 2013, Poonia resigned her job and joined the Congress Party. The family lives in Jaipur.
Poonia did her Bachelor’s degree in sociology from Kanoria PG Mahila Mahavidyalaya in Jaipur.
Born: 5 May 1982 (age 43years as on July 2020)
Spouse: Virendar Poonia
Education: Kanoria PG Mahila Mahavidyalaya
Children: Lakshya Raj Poonia
Awards: Arjuna Award and Padma shri
- She is the First Indian Woman Athlete to win a Gold Medal in Commonwealth Games
- Till college, she was not introduced to sports ie Discuss throw.
- She got selected for National camp, Patiala
- Virendar Poonia is a former National Level Hammer throw player
- Virender and Krishna Poonia, both attended the same camp, but didn’t know each other
- She says that it is because of her husband’s support, she won so many medals
- She won a Bronze Medal in the Doha Asian Games and Gold Medal in the 46th National Open Athletics Championship
- She was honored with Padma Shri and Arjuna awards
- In 2013 she joined Indian National Congress a Political party
krishna poonia biography, krishna poonia husband, krishna poonia mla, krishna poonia height, krishna poonia congress, krishna poonia is associated with, krishna poonia sadulpur