Vijender Singh is an Indian professional boxer turned to Indian politician. Let us know more about his biography, Wiki, Age, Family, Affairs, Awards, Secrets, and Unknown Facts
|Name||Vijender Singh Beniwal|
|Age||33 Years (as in September 2019)|
|Place of Birth||Kaluwas, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Home Town||Kaluwas, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|school||Happy Senior Secondary School, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|College||Vaish College Of Education, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, workout|
|Family||Father- Mahipal Singh Beniwal (Bus Driver); Mother- Krishna; Brother- Manoj (Elder, Boxer)|
|Marital Status||Wife – Archana Singh; Son- Arbir Singh|
|Debut||2004 Summer Olympics, Athens, Greece|
People also search for>>>
- Narsingh Pancham Bio
- Golden Girl Hima Das Biography
- Mixed Martial Artist Ritika Singh Bio
- Badminton Player Sikki Reddy Bio
- Sachin Tendulkar Bio
|Height||in feet inches- 6’|
|Weight||in kilograms- 75 kg|
|Favorite Food||Grilled Lamb, Kadhai Chicken|
|Favorite Color||Not Known|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag|
|Favorite Boxer||Raj Kumar Sangwan, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
|Favorite Actors||Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Movies||Not Known|
|Favorite Directors||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
Vijender has done his schooling from kaluvassa. He did his secondary schooling from Bhiwani School. He completed his bachelor’s degree from Vaish College.
He moved to Bhiwani Sports Authority of India for Boxing coaching. Here he met Boxer Jagdish Singh. He had seen Vijender talent in boxing and encouraged him. Vijender got the opportunity to participate at the state level championships in 1997. Here he won a silver medal at sub juniors national level
He had won several awards at the national level. He was picked and trained to compete at the International level.
At the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, he won the Bronze medal. At the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, he defeated Carlos Góngora of Ecuador and won a bronze medal. This is the first-ever Olympic medal for an Indian in boxing.
He received several awards including the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award which is India’s highest sporting honour and Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour.
He got married to Archana Singh in 2011. The couple has a son named Arbir Singh.
Some Lesser Facts
- Does Vijender Singh smoke?: No
- Does Vijender Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vijender comes from a poor family background who couldn’t afford any kind of training.
- He is the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal
- He was approached for a Bollywood film in 2011. He couldn’t made it because of his marriage. The producer of the film felt that he won’t be popular among girls/Ladies
- Vijender made an appearance in Salman Khan‘s “Dus Ka Dum” game show along with actress Mallika Sherawat.
- He did a job of protecting actress Priyanka Chopra from the crowd, in a rally in Pune.
- His hometown, Bhiwani in Haryana is known as “Little Cuba” for producing many Top-class boxers.
- Mary Kom and Vijender are the only boxers to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In 2009, he was ranked No.1 in the world in the middleweight (75 kg) category
- Akshay Kumar, the film actor is his good friend
- Vijender has also served as a DSP in Haryana Police under sports quota.
- In 2013, he entered the Bigg Boss 7 house only to meet wrestler Sangram Singh.
- He made his Bollywood debut with film “Fugly.” in 2014
- Vijender actually wanted to be a soldier.
Related Searches: Vijender singh biography, Vijender singh wife, Vijender singh boxer, Vijender singh next bout, Vijender singh next fight, Vijender singh ranking, Vijender singh boxing,