Senior BJP Leader and former external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj passed away on Tuesday night (6.08.19). She had a massive heart attack. She was brought to AIIMS hospital around 10.15PM, where later she died
Sushma Swaraj was born on 14 February 1953 at Ambala Cantt, Haryana. Her parents are Hardev Sharma and Shrimati Laxmi Devi.
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||67 Years(in 2019)|
|Place of Birth||Ambala Cantt, Punjab, India|
|Home Town||Ambala Haryana|
|College||Sanatan Dharma College, Kurukshetra University, Punjab University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor degrees in Sanskrit and Political Science|
|Family||Father-Hardev Sharma, Mother- Laxmi Demi|
|Brother- Gulshan Sharma|
|Sister- Vandana Sharma|
You may also like>>>
- Smriti Irani Biography
- Pramod Sawant Biography
- Nusrat Jahan Biography (MP)
- Mimi Chakraborty Biography (MP)
|Favorite Food||golgappe, kachori, aloo paranthas|
|Favorite Place||Not Known|
|Favorite Color||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
|Favorite Singer||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Movies||Not Known|
|Favorite Director||Not Known|
|Favorite politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|NetWorth: ₹7.35 CRORE|
|ASSETS: ₹7.36 CRORE|
Her father was a prominent Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS) member. Her parents hailed from Dharampura area which is in Lahore, Pakistan. She did a bachelor’s degree with majors in Sanskrit and Political Science from Sanatan Dharma College in Ambala Cantonment. Later, She studied law from Punjab University, Chandigarh.
She won the best Hindi language speaker for 3 times. This was conducted by the Language department of the State government of Haryana.
At the age of 25, She was a member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly. At the age of 27, She has sworn as a Cabinet Minister in the Janata Party Government headed by then Chief Minister Devi Lal in July 1977. She served as Educational Minister of Haryana State for the period of 1987-90.
Sushma Swaraj as Chief Minister
In October 1998 she resigned from the Union Cabinet and became the first female Chief Minister of Delhi. She resigned from the position in December 1998.
Sushma Swaraj Positions Held
- 1977–82 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly
- 1977–79 Cabinet Minister, Labour and Employment, Government of Haryana.
- 1987–90 Elected as Member, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- 1987–90 Cabinet Minister, Education, Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Haryana.
- 1990–96 Elected to Rajya Sabha
- 1996–97 [15 May 1996 – 4 December 1997] Member, Eleventh Lok Sabha
- 1996 [16 May – 1 June] – Union Cabinet Minister, Information and Broadcasting.
- 1998–99 [10 March 1998 – 26 April 1999] Member, Twelfth Lok Sabha.
- 1998 [19 March – 12 October] Union Cabinet Minister, Information and Broadcasting and Telecommunications
- 1998 [13 October – 3 December] Chief Minister of Delhi.
- 1998 [November] – Elected from Hauz Khas Assembly constituency of Delhi Assembly. Resigned from Delhi Assembly and retained Lok Sabha seat.
- 2000–06 Member, Rajya Sabha (4th term).
- 2000–03 [30 September 2000 – 29 January 2003] Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
- 2003–04 [29 January 2003 – 22 May 2004] Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.
- 2006–09 [April 2006 -] Member, Rajya Sabha (5th term).
- 2009–14 [16 May 2009 – 18 May 2014] Member, 15th Lok Sabha (6th term).
- 2009-09 [3 June 2009 – 21 December 2009] Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
- 2009–14 [21 December 2009 – 18 May 2014] Leader of the Opposition and replaced Lal Krishna Advani.
- 2014–present [26 May 2014–] Member, 16th Lok Sabha (7th term)
- 2014–2019 [26 May 2014 – 29 May 2019] Minister of External Affairs in the Union of India
Related Searches: sushma swaraj twitter, sushma swaraj husband, sushma swaraj daughter, sushma swaraj height, sushma swaraj constituency, sushma swaraj health,