Ranu Mondal/Mandal is an Indian singer who became an overnight internet sensation after her video which was recorded by an engineer Atindra Chakraborthy on facebook.
Ranu Mondal Personal Details
|Name||Ranu Maria Mondal|
|Nick Name||Lata of Ranaghat & Ranu Bobby|
|Age||59 Years (as in 2019)|
|Place of Birth||Krishnanagar, West Bengal|
|Home Town||Ranaghat, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Marital Status||Husband – Bablu Mondal (Died), Daughter- Sathi Roy|
|Famous For||Her rendition of Lata Mangeshkar’s song “Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai”|
|Debut||Singing: ‘Teri Meri Kahani’ from the film “Happy Hardy and Heer” (2019)|
You may also like>>>
- Dytto Biography
- Sona Mohapatra Biography
- Dhvani Bhanushali Biography
- Nikita R Sharma( Star Nick) Bio
- Shirley Setia Biography
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Not known|
|Favorite Color||Not known|
|Favorite Singers||Mohammad Rafi, Mukesh, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favorite Sport||Not known|
|Favorite Destination||Not known|
|Favorite Actors||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Movies||Not known|
|Favorite Directors||Not known|
Social Media Accounts
She was seen singing the song ‘Ek Pyaar ka Nagma hai’. the video went viral on the Social Media.
Ranu modal father is Aditya Kumar who was hawker and there is no much information about her mother. she belongs to a Christian family. Ranu got married at the age of 19 to her neighbor, Bablu Modal who was a cook.
She has a daughter, Elizabeth Sathi Roy and a son from Bablu Mondal. Bablu Mondal Passed away in 2009.
Some Lesser Facts about Ranu Mondal
- Ranu Mondal was born into an economically weaker family in Krishnanagar, West Bengal.
- Her parents passed away when she was too young.
- Mondal spent most of her childhood at her aunt’s house in Ranaghat, West Bengal.
- She was inclined towards music from a very young age.
- Ranu used to listen to the songs of Mohammad Rafi, Mukesh, and Lata Mangeshkar and sing along.
- She got married to her neighbour, Bablu Mondal, at the age of 19.
- After her marriage, she, along with her husband Bablu, went to Mumbai in search of work.
- Initially, she did a number of odd jobs in Mumbai.
- She worked as a singer at a local club in Mumbai.
- While singing at the club, she earned the name of ‘Ranu Bobby.’
- Ranu worked there as a singer for a while and then, left the job as her husband didn’t approve of it.
- She went through depression after her husband’s demise and relocated to her hometown in Ranaghat.
- Mondal lived there in poverty and started singing songs at the Ranaghat railway station to earn her living.
- In July 2019, a 26-year old engineer, Atindra Chakraborty, spotted Mondal singing a Mohammed Rafi’s song at the Ranaghat Station and shared her video on Facebook.
- The video collected more than 4 million views within a few days and made Ranu an internet sensation.
- After she gained popularity, many people approached her and offered her food.
- A local Beautician offered her a free makeover.
She was felicitated by the local Block Development Officer (BDO) of the West Bengal’s government as part of the government’s Kanyashree Divas celebrations. The state government even assured her assistance.
Ranu was called to give a guest performance on the reality TV show “Superstar Singer.” She sang the rendition of the song “Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai” in the show and received huge appreciation.
When the host of the show asked her the reason for singing songs at the railway station, Ranu answered that she didn’t have a home to live and used to sing songs to earn her living. She further told him that sometimes people offered her some food or money after listening to her songs.
The Bollywood singer, Himesh Reshammiya, got so impressed with her performance that he offered her to sing a commercial song for him.
She made her singing debut in Bollywood with the song ‘Teri Meri Kahani’ for the film “Happy Hardy and Heer” in 2019.
Himesh shared a short version of the song through his Instagram account while it was being recorded by Ranu in the studio.
Ranu is a huge admirer of Lata Mangeshkar.
It is rumoured that Mondal has received a house as a gift from Salman Khan.
Atindra Chakraborty, while sharing the details of his encounter with Ranu Mandal said that he was hanging out with his friends at a tea stall on platform No 6. Mohammad Rafi’s song was playing on the radio. Suddenly he heard the lady humming to the tune, as she sat on the platform floor. He asked her if she could sing something for them.
She sang a song and he recorded it on his mobile. They were surprised by how melodious she was.”
During an interview, Mondal revealed that she was able to meet her daughter, Sathi Roy, after almost a decade because of the video that went viral. She expressed her happiness and said that this was her second life and she would try to make it better.
Ranu’s story of getting recognition is similar to the success story of the famous Americal voice-over artist, author, sportscaster, and philanthropist, Ted Williams. Like Mondal, William also received recognition after the video of his demonstration of a promo for a radio advertisement went viral on the internet.
Related Searches: ranu mondal song, ranu mondal death, ranu mondal gaan, ranu mondal new song, ranu mondal movies, ranu mondal wiki, ranu mondal story, ranu mondal video song, ranu mondal interview, ranu mondal family, ranu mondal singer, ranu mondal biography,